What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
Dali Rubicon 5s, Simaudio Ace, Innuos Zen Mini and a Denon DP-2000 that I rarely play. I’m slowly selling my LPs. As Col. Walter Kurtz uttered, “The horror, the horror...”
Where theres a will theres always a way.  So my brother joined the military 20+ years ago. I've always loved car audio home audio. Unfortunately with kids college marriage divorce. well the exwife wasn't always so understanding. but he wanted extra money so he got a job at bestbuy. They had accommodations from some decent brands. At least for me. Denon marantz polk audio sonos. So speakers were 50% off. If you did some online classes which I may have done for him. Extra 25%  then they expanded to the the magnolia stores and had martin logan McIntosh audioquest  B & W and others. 50% off retail at least. I've spent at least spent 25,000 on on audio that would of cost me well over 100,000. Best thing is you can resell it after two years. Unfortunately he retired 3 years ago and quit bestbuy so I'm back to retail. He makes too much in the private sector now. Im still considering taking a job myself just for the discount just over Christmas. Well maybe in retirement or he loses his job. One can hope. 
Worked 37 years as a social worker in substance abuse treatment, geriatrics and developmental disabilities.  Lost the divorce and the house, put one kid through college (the other wasn’t interested), benefitted from mother’s will (would give all the money back and more just to have her back), and I’m retired 6 years now and doing fine.  After most recent breakup with girlfriend, I decided to indulge myself and replace 30+ year old stereo with better quality stuff.  This hobby grows on you.