Record Cleaning Machines

My LP collection is growing. As I invest more and more, I realize the need for a proper record cleaner. Once again I ask the council for suggestions. My budget is flexible, but let’s say $1000 max. 
Thanks 🙏 
andrewkelley
Record doctor seems adequate for 299...I use a different fluid with it though along with a better brush etc...if u don't mind spinning record ur self, then it's quite good.
What you want/need depends on what records you buy and how much work you want to do in order to accomplish your goal of clean records.

My suggestion:

If you buy only new records you only need an US RCM

If you buy used records from random vendors you need a vacuum based RCM like VPI, or be willing to hand wash (spin clean)

If you like DIY and have room, an ebay/amazon put together US RCM is fine. If you want to drop the record in and have it cleaned and dried, it will cost more money for something more automatic.

I have a VPI vacuum RCM (for dirty records) and an Audio Deske US RCM for new records and used records cleaned by the VPI.
I highly suggest that you go and test drive these machines, if you have access to any.  They all have different attributes and frankly different noise levels.  Some are more manually intensive, others much more user friendly.  Lots of considerations.  Where are you going to put it.  If you are playing an LP or any music for that matter you don't want to be having a record cleaning machine overpowering the music with the noise it makes to clean a record.  Hint:  They all have a level of noise.  Also, some just don't clean that well.  Some clean two sides at once (preferrable) versus cleaning one side then turning it over to clean the 2nd side and getting it dirty and staticy again.  Go check them out.  Watch YouTube videos as well.  They are quite helpful.
The advice to experience these machines before you decide is very sound.  If you know anyone who owns or sells a cleaning machine, try it out.  Clean a record with it.  As stated, online videos show the machine in action.

I wanted to offer another machine that I haven't seen mentioned.  About 3 weeks ago I got the Degritter.  I can not recommend it highly enough.  Unfortunately, it is beyond your target price.  But, if you have the ability to stretch, it is worth it.  It is super easy to use, cleans both sides of the record at once, it's fully automated, drys as well as cleans, is very solidly built and software controlled with free updates.

I have owned a Hannl from Germany for a coupe of years.  A very, very good machine, built to very high standards and excellent at cleaning records.  But it is a chore to use.  It has a counter-rotating brush that is fiddly to adjust, cleans one side at a time, requires your constant attention, vacuums but does not dry the record, etc.  I'm keeping it because it will do a better job on really soiled records, but I never look forward to using it.  One real plus is how quiet it is.  Most vacuum machines are very loud.

The Degrtter on the other hand is a dream to use.  Turn it on, set the cleaning level, insert the record, push start and it does the rest.  It will beep when it is done.  And when it is done you have a completely cleaned and dried record, ready to go.

Nothing is perfect.  Aside from the cost (~$3k) there are a couple of things to know.  The drying cycle is noisy so it is best used where it won't annoy yourself or others.  The fan speed and drying time are user adjustable so you can slow the fan to reduce noise but it is a lot louder than the Hannl.  I don't think it is louder than most vacuum machines though.

Second thing to know is common to all ultrasonic machines.   Creating the cavitation needed to clean the groves heats the water.  After several cleanings the machine needs to cool it down.  Fortunately with the Degritter that process is automated.  Even mid cleaning cycle, the machine will shift to a cool down mode until the water temp is within tolerance and then resumes cleaning.  No additional action on your part.

Sorry for the long post and a recommendation well outside of your stated price target.  All of the machines work, they clean records.  Some are a bit more effective, but they all work.  As @pgaulke60 noted though, the user experience is very different.  Some of these cleaning machines/systems are very labor and time intensive.  If money is a tighter resource than time, there are lots of less expensive options that simply require more time and attention to clean your records.  For me time is in short supply so the more automated solution is a huge benefit.

Hopefully this is helpful.