PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
ozzy,

just answered your pm but forgot you already bought the Lumin X1.  But I think you can still get the same deal with just buying the Synology and drives through them.  They offer excellent service as well.

Tim
Well finally received the X1.

It was a little confusing at first and I had to do a factory reset. Then after trial and error and a few swearing sessions it started to work.
And... it is playing the songs from my 8TB external Hard drive just fine.

First impression, perhaps a little sharp sounding, but its new and I assume a break in adventure is needed.

ozzy
@ozzy Congrats on the X1. Thinking of moving to Lumin from Aurender. Could you say whether the overall tonality is neutral or whether it favors either side of neutral (warm-dark vs. cool etc, you get it). Hoping an actual Lumin user can advise on this as I do my research. Or anything else about the sound. Thanks.
jaybe,
At this point, it is a little harder sounding compared to my Bryston/PS Dac combo in which I had for many years. It's not dark that's for sure.

But, I have read elsewhere that the Lumin X1 takes several hundred + hours to sound its best. So, I will give it time.

ozzy
I initially thought my T2 sounded a little harsh on some music with higher pitched vocals, such as Genesis and some female singers. After the first week or so I thought I had made a mistake, and thought about returning it. I will say it improved considerably after extensive burn in. Very Smooth and dynamic after several months of using it. The X1 Is their flagship and I can only imagine how it will sound after burn in.