What's the "worst" cdp for the money?

OK, we've seen much input on the best cdp for the money. Now how about we collect opinions on the worst value cdp's out there? You know, like a $3000 player that sounds like a $300 player.
rooski
I find it no one has mentioned the ultra priced expensive gear...surely in terms of "for the money", the word cdp has to be somewhere in this category. Cmon, take off your gloves.

For example, I like the Zanden but for US$45,000? C'mon!
Anything from Accuphase...........way overpriced, very mediocre sound for the money. Sounds good, but worth it only if priced about 70% cheaper.
guss2 says, "What does that make an un-modded Denon 2900,a clock radio?"

perhaps, but it's at least a player well worth modifying. i had mine redesigned completely and it is absolutely amazing. sorry if i insulted a player that you like, it's just my opinion.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion Quackfat,it's just my opinion that these two machines are'nt close in any catagory in stock form.Sound,build quality,transport and modification potential all go to the 777ES,IMO.This is all in stock form as I have not heard a super modified 2900 yet,but I am anxious to.I have heard a modified 777ES and it destroys it's stock counterpart.That being said,I have heard nothing but good things about the modified 2900 sound,so maybe I'll try talking my buddy into investing some money in his machine.Enjoy your player,Gary.