good discussion on power cords

jimf421
Grease is required by code where I live on main feed aluminum wire. Other than that I don’t see any reason to make a mess in the box with grease. If it’s an outdoor panel a little dielectric grease might be a good idea to help against corrosion on connections. Good video in the OP though a bit long.
I understand the tendency to compare the audiophile life with the religious life. Both are essentially solitary lives. They're spent contemplating the most abstract art form (music) by constantly swinging from the euphoria of music-driven emotion to the complex analysis of aural data. And then there are specs!
I would have freaked out in the 70's if someone had handed me a set of Nordost speaker cables or MIT power lines.
Misnomer regarding the religious life being solitary. In Christianity it is most definitely NOT solitary, except for those prevented from fellowship or the uncommitted. 
As inaccurate as saying race car drivers lead essentially  a solitary life.  
Confucius say for success in school or any enterprise in life man must live like monk.
Gene in that video supposedly reviews audio products, but a high percentage of his videos are about cables. It’s obvious he is biased, and even he himself tried to tell me that I did not hear what I heard in a demo at a dealer. I told him don’t take me for a fool and I won’t take him for one. Every point the cult on his videos made, I dissproved until their last response was that with time switching between cables, the ear can’t remember what it heard within that time. So I asked how does gene then make comparisons between products that he heard weeks , months, or years ago, or does this theory on,y apply to cables when it benefits their argument. Lol. They’re so desperate to debunk this, it’s like their whole world will explode if you blow up their reality bubble. Danny Ritchie posted a video a video in the subject and of course they blew it off. I posted a video showing actual measurements as they’re always talking about, and dead silence since. Seems gene doesn’t know how to do measurements? Maybe only when he can figure out how to use them to “prove” his ideas. And never any videoed showing actual listening, though I wouldn’t trust them to do an unbiased test based on what I’ve seen