Endless debate: monitor + sub vs floorstanding

Have made a simple system with Peachtree Inova and Proac Sig 8 Tablettes on sand filled stands. Lovely sound I am quite pleased with though I'm considering either supplementing my beloved Tablettes with a sub bass (most likely the new Rel T5) OR grabbing a pair of full range floorstanders (likely used Proac as well).

Any thoughts on the relative merits of the two setups in terms of expression, detail, dynamic spectrum, musicality and also flexibility? Intuitively, it seems I may have more opportunities to play with and fine-tune the experience using Tabletttes plus sub.

I realize there is probably no perfect answer here. Unfortunately, my opportunities for a good side by side listening comparison of the two systems is pretty much nil.
marburg
I'd stay away from REL at all costs. If have any problems with your sub you have to deal with Sumiko and they are a bunch of azzholes.
Anymore comments on this matter? I have Tyler Acoustics Decade D4 floorstanding monitors with Ty's 12" sub. I am wondering if I should either buy another sub or go to a floorstander like maybe the Linbrook System II's.
Well...I took the plunge and got the diminutive Rel T5 to go with my Tablettes. It sits unobtrusively in the corner like a starving timber wolf, waiting for unsuspecting low frequencies, which it pounces on and devours, emitting the digested remains in an unearthly howl from the underworld. Pretty neat.

What I particularly love about this set up is how amazing it sounds at LOW VOLUME. Even when listened to quietly, the sound retains a certain pregnancy. I'm still playing and adjusting---listening to everything from Justin Bieber to Iannis Xenakis, augmented with heavy doses of Luigi Nono and Anton Webern. The system just BREATHES all over you, like a sexual deviant on a subway platform.
WOW what a description...LOL. Certain pregnancy and sexual deviant on a subway platform???