Streaming: WiFi or wired??

Looking to get a new streamer for a system based on Kii Three. WiFi signal is good but I’m also told that wired is always better. Specific streamer advice also welcomed; (no need to rip CD's). Thx in advance for any/all advice!
benchwarmer
We live within a half mile of a major area hospital, which generally means a T3 level service...now, who knows, who cares...*L*

Our net service is spectacular....wired locally, so our wireless within is great.

Just 'stupid lucky', I guess. *S*

Back in Houston, we lived about the same distance from a major software company, also T3 when it was rare.  We'd get calls about cable service; the one's that Knew what we had wished us well.  Those that didn't got told to 'go ask your sup what a T3 line Is' and get back to us'. *click*

They never did.

Got spoiled disgusting.  Entire complex had a LAN created by the management (a real geek); some tenants were early 'day traders' (you could tell the good ones by their car), some 24/7 'gamers' that slept on the floor, only there for the low latency.

Had a Fantastic trove of music files...10K+, pick your genre'.

It got busted.  A third of the tenants moved....*sigh*

We did as well later, but for different reasons....

I've run a number of devices including Bluesound Node 2 streamers over wireless using an inexpensive access point in my living room and configuring an inexpensive router as a repeater using DD-WRT in my bedroom, which is the farthest point from my router.  All worked great.  Until I got my TEAC NT-505.  I had all kinds of problems getting it to stay on my network.  I finally ran an ethernet cable to it and it has been rock solid ever since.  So the device you're using may matter.  I'm super happy with the NT-505 (now) and would recommend it.  But you should probably run a wire to it.

As mentioned throughout the thread, wireless introduces a lot of variables.  If wireless works, great.  If it's easy to run a wire, then do that and take all those variables out of the equation.
Wired is twice as fast as wireless. That should be the deciding factor. It's bound to work better. I know a stereo/hi-fi dealer who now uses a streaming service to demo his gear. I asked him to demo some speakers sing a particular album I had at home. He called it up on the streaming service. I didn't sound like the same album! These were very pricey speakers. I've never heard a streaming service that sounded as good as a CD of the "same" material. It hope it works beautifully for you.