Good Stereo Speakers for outside use during BBQs, evening pot luck dinners etc

I want to purchase (preferably used) a pair of good speakers to place in our back yard for get togethers with friends. I would like speakers that resolve well with clean highs and decent bass but nothing on the level of very high end. I will probably be running around 40 ft of speaker wire from a Pass X250.8

I'm just looking to have quality music in the back yard to enjoy with food, drink and non-audiophile friends. Easy set up and take down is desired as I really don't want to schlep my Vandersteen's in and out of the house every time I want music outside. Any suggestions for speakers and wire would be appreciated.

Bruce

brskie
My idea of an outdoor party speaker is a Tekton Mini Lore. 35 pounds so not going to break a back and will sound good. Only 575 a pair new and they have some thump with 8". I want a set for the same reason. 50 bucks for the grill. Cool Paint colors to go with outdoor furniture.

edit...only 575 now delivered. 
I use the ultimate ears boom 2 for outdoor parties, picnics, BBQ, beach and etc. It is waterproof, wireless - it has its own battery, and you string several together to cover your desired area. It’s pretty good value for the money for something so portable. 
Outdoors is tough. No room enhancement for the bass. For my sons outdoor wedding reception I went with powered studio monitors. Run from an iPod!  If you have AC power you can rock the neighborhood! This was  an outdoor park. But bass will be limited. Try zZounds, guitar center and any local guitar store. Portable. Volume adjustable on site. And good sound above 80 Hz. Battery operated source. 
Altec A-7's (Voice Of The Theater) speakers. Just throw a tarp over 'em when not listening. They were made for P.A. use, including outdoor concerts. One band I was in had a pair (our P.A.) in the living room of the band house. Party on, Garth.
Old cerwin vegas. They thump and don’t sound horrible outside. Inside.....well, that’s another story.