FirstWatt J2 on its way

After much debate, I decided on a J2 and it will be here tomorrow. I’m super excited. The J2, from what I’ve read, will be a perfect match for my Zu Omen defs and BHK preamp. I’ll report back on my impressions. 
aberyclark
Ok after 10 months I am loving the j2. However, I listen to a lot of electronic music and I feel the J2 is a little muddy on that type of music. Fantastic on Jazz, classical and classic rock. I'm now thinking of trading the J2 in on a Pass Labs XA30.8 (has balanced connections) or a X150.8. I may switch speakers down the road so the extra power may be nice. Both are around the same price if I purchase a demo. From what I've read, the Pass Labs amps are a little more snappy and have a wider dynamic range. 
Well, I'm now off that kick of thinking of a new amp. I know this sounds crazy..I had my ears deep cleaned. Lots of wax. Now my system sounds perfect again with all kinds of music. I still, however, am thinking of a Mac c2700 preamp
I continue to marvel how great the J2 sounds. Jazz, Metal, Classical, even electronic music (maybe not as snappy for electronic...but close enough). I was playing 24/96 of Led Zeppelin 1 and was really cranking the amp (89 on BHK volume meter), this thing is so distortion free it is scary. Plus, I had more room to go if needed. Right now, outside a dedicated streamer (vs computer) and more room treatments, I do not have the urge to do any upgrades. Certainly that will change eventually, I really feel I got everything system wise dialed in perfectly.

aberyclark OP

For even more naturalness/transparency
The First watt has an input impedance of 100kohm which anything can drive, and 20db of voltage gain, and your Zu Omen are 97dB!!!

You "could" very well lower even more the "electronic signature" count by flicking an unneeded preamp, and feeding your source be it dac or phono stage into a $49 Shiit Sys passive preamp with no electronic signature, and your sound could get even more transparent, if the gain is still enough.
https://www.schiit.com/products/sys
Or if your dac/cdp has level control try it direct into the J2, without using the Sys even.

Cheers George