Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
soundchaser, I have Ohm speakers in my 13x20 living room with a ceiling that runs from 19' to 9' on the long wall. My Ohms are Ohm F cabinets upgraded (all new drivers, etc.) to 3000's one year ago. I bought them from the first owner after the upgrade, so thought I should phone John and talk to him about these particular speakers before closing the deal. I was shocked that it was John who picked up the phone! We talked about my room and how these speakers might work in it. He even looked up the sales invoice and confirmed the seller's story. You mentioned that you've spoken with John, did he mention the "upgraded" speakers? My Fs' cabinets are too big for your short wall (they're on my long wall), but he might have some upgraded smaller cabinets for a lower price. As far as their performance (in a challenging room placement), I enjoy vinyl, streamed music and 4K movies with these speakers immensely. I think John's willingness to talk with potential customers is worth a lot. Good luck!
A couple people recommended the Vandersteen 2ce Sig II. I’ve had the 2ce and the 1ci in a small room similar to the OP, and I would highly recommend the 1ci over the 2.
I also had the Spatial M5 Sapphire for a few weeks and couldn’t stand them. They had none of the magic that the Vandy’s have. AND the speakers were damaged in shipping returning them to Spatial and Clayton put me on the hook for the costs. If it wasn't for the buyer protections on my Citibank credit card I would have been out the $2300 or whatever the costs were. Buyer beware.....
I have listened to Spatial at LInear Tube Audio, and PAP at shows. 
Both share many similar characteristics. As mentioned, min distance from wall behind baffle. Clear defined bass and great sound staging. 
Generally speaking, the room needs much less treatment than with most boxes. Both designs are highly efficient. SET amps may apply also. PAP xo’s allow future customization via a screwdriver. Caps, resisters, etc, can be changed in minutes to match your hatch. 
PAP has just come out with a product in your price range. Enjoy.