Should people with no turntable or reel to reel be considered audiophiles?

Just like those driving a Porsche SUV can join PCA (digital audio fans can join Audiogon) but are certainly not Porschephiles unless they also own a coupe (Panamera owners I guess gets a pass here).

Please respond with a yes or no and we'll tally a vote for the first 100 responses.

sokogear
Then you are hypocrite mahgister, because the whole point of this thread, no matter the ops protestations (read his other comments in this thread about how he feels about people who don't share his views), is to belittle and harass those that don't feel the same way about vinyl. That view is clouded by ignorance of the topic of vinyl and digital for which the op appears to have 0 desire to increase that knowledge, preferring continue to spew, in order to forward his position, what can only be called misinformation.

If you read the comments the op has made in this thread, belittling those who don't share his view of vinyl, it is pretty clear, if one is honest with oneself, that the intention of this thread was not a discussion, the reference to Porschephiles further belaying the intention to segregate based on the ops own personal views. If it was truly presented as a discussion I would have treated it as such, but as the op kept making it clear their bias, the intention of the thread became clear.

I apologize as well. I don't take kindly to people who create artificial divisions between themselves and others, and worse, who encourage others to create those same divisions.

I dont doubt that all the knowledge you enumerate is truly yours, I have absolutely no doubts about your knowledge... Alas! is it the only knowledge you have? I apologize I am very sensible about the difference between harassing and discussing....  

Vinyl fetishism is one thing that you cannot argue with Nyquist-Shannon theorem.... :)

I dont give a dam about the real motivation of the OP, I dont read soul, and I have answered his question, supposing that he want an answer and a discussion with me and others.... You corrected his view with yours but calling him names is not good politic....

I dont like hypocrites, class me with the idiots....I prefer that.... Thanks for the reclassification.... My best to you ….
Zeppelin does make really good (functional) transmissions although I do prefer manual. I have no idea how they work, though. Do not burn me at stake, please.

Now, speaking of Zeppelins, what really happened to Hindenburg?