Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
I have owned Maggie 1.6s and 3.5s in the past. I now have Spatial Audio X3s. The Spatials are just as open and natural sounding as planars but with some things being so much better. Soundstage depth is one of them. Also midbass slam, bass depth and dynamics are also greatly improved. And you don't need a massive SS amplifier to drive them either.

The X3 might be out of your price range, but the M3 or M5 Sapphire would be a contender.

As the above poster mentions, room size will be a factor. Planars and OB speakers need to be away from room boundaries.

Oz
Post removed 
I would think due to room size and placement limitations that planars and OB would be out. 

The Ohm Tall 1000's could work and they offer a generous home trial period. 

I heard Wharfdale's Diamond 10.7 several months ago and thought they decent little speakers. 

You could always go the bookshelf route too. Lots of great choices. 

Do you have a budget you're working with?