Aurender's "Sound"

Just picked up an Aurender N100H. Great unit. However it's a bit on the warm and dark side, which doesn't sit well with my Pass class A amp. It's like a double whammy of warmth. Great for vocals, but hard to rock out on. But I like the unit and am trying to keep it.

Would love it if I could find a simple way to address this, like with a different USB cable to lighten things up a bit. 

If it comes to it, I might give up the Pass for something more neutral, as nice as this amp is it's not the best for music on the more lively side, or rock. (My tastes and opinions.) Even considering a class D amp like Nord, which is pretty much dead neutral which could peel back some of that warmth and darkness.

So is this a digital question, amp question or cable question? Yes to all.

Has anybody else encountered this double whammy of warmth, and what was the fix. Thanks all.
jaybe
Congratulations on your purchase. Once N100 fully broken-in, play with USB and Power Cords. I would start with USB cable with Silver wire, that should take some of the warmth away. 
I have an N100H and just switched the USB cable from an Audioquest Cinnamon to a Moon Black Dragon, and the Black Dragon is much more warm/dark. Surprised me.  I concur with lalitk’s advice.
Post removed 
I ran my Aurender X100L into a Berkley Alpha USB using an Analysis Plus Purple Plus USB and from the Berkley Alpha XLR digital out using a Kimber AGDL into my PS Audio Direct Stream DAC  to my Pass x2.5  Pre using Kiimber Hero XLRs to my Pass X250.5 Amp and the music (HDD, Qubuz, Tidal ) became incredibly excellent. 
( I played with several USB connects before settling on the Analysis Plus Purple Plus . The Oyaide Neo d+ Purple was right there also for good clean tight rock & roll.   ) 

Keep the Pass Amp !  

Happy Listening...