Anyone under 30?

Lots of cool people, not a lot my age. I hope I am not the only one bringing up the rear.
ohlala
unfortunatly people now days think music is played through a 2" speaker on a pc with a cd-rom drive.. or music is the stuff that comes out of a little portable cd plastic box.. or music is that boom-boom thunder rattling someone's car trunk. If those under thirty could make their way to a symphony hall to hear real instruments unamplified played in a real space, (or jazz or bluegrass or blues, etc.) they might develop an interest in hearing music reproduced accurately and seek out the apparati for that purpose.
All audio-heads are welcome here! You are never too young to start and never too old to upgrade. I purchased my first system in 1977 and have never found a cure for upgrade-itis. Once you are hooked, you are in for keeps!
Good Listening.
Heh, I got my first birthday cake in 1977. I'm sure that there are a lot of other young people around lurking. Speaking for myself, I tend to see myself as underexperienced to chime in on most threads. Also, I haven't been able to accumulate the wealth necessary to seriously listen to most of the stuff discussed on here. Twenty grand worth of stereo equipment would be a significant percentage of my *lifetime* earnings.
I have been appreciating live orchestral since I was 15 or so. That was 11 years ago, so I guess I'm under that magic number, though not for too much longer. Xiekitchen makes a good point. Another problem is money. I bought my first system, mostly used, for about $2800 all told, and that was pretty tough on me budgetwise. That's because I was 23 and hadn't made too many dimes in the world yet. I think for most people it takes a few years to make enough money to have the ridiculous notion that it's OK to spend this kind of money on audio gear.
Xiekithen,

I am 30 here, and find that it is the raised noses of those who think that only classical,jazz, or blues are worthy forms of music to be heard thru a high-end system is one of the reasons many younger people forgo it.

What ive learned hear from reading some of the posts, most recently a post last week on where to find vinyl on line, is that members who have spent a great deal of time and money on their systems,Albertporter for example, listen to music such as I. (Bjork, Radiohead) High end can be enjoyed by all forms of music and shouldnt be limited to the black tie crowd.