Power strip question

Ok, so this may seem off the wall.  I am a professional guitar player and my best friend and roommate is a hardcore audiophile.  Long story short I used one of his power cords to plug my Marshall into the power and noticed an immediate change in the sound of the amp.  To my somewhat horror I realized that I am going to have to do a serious upgrade in power cords, patch cord connectors, etc which I've done largely by using Mogami cords for my effects and guitar which are a substantial upgrade that will do for now.  I purchased my roommates used power cords when he upgraded his for his sound system.  

I need to get a power strip or multi-plug station that plugs into a traditional electrical outlet.  While gigging I have to use what electrical is available.  Since I am an extreme neophyte I don't even know where to begin so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
R
bukirob
Hate to be the one to tell you this but the difference you heard with power cords? Extends right on to power strips, conditioners, outlets- right on down the line just as far as you want to go. That's the bad news- there is no end to it. But it's also the good news- it just keeps getting better and better.  

This actually makes things easier not harder. All you need is a budget and a need. You need outlets? Look at outlets, strips, whatever are within your budget. What you care about and want is sound quality, so buy based on listener impressions of sound quality- and nothing else! Do not get caught up in stories, which is all anything technical amounts to, stories. The only story that matters is the one about how it sounds. It really is that simple.
suggest you check out PS Audio Dectet. It will protect your gear and you may hear a positive sonic benefit as well. I'm curious, what changes did you hear when you used your roommates power cord?
Furman surge protector with RFI/EMI filtering. 15 ft. cord for use on stage...
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SS6Block--furman-ss-6b-6-outlet-power-strip

Wiremold power strip with or w/o surge protection. 

Both are professional grade, made of steel.

I practice more,  rather than get swallowed by the cable and tube thing with my audio setup.

I DO "get it" though. A nicer tone makes you want to play more. Careful, if you stick around here, you'll become obsessed with plugging it in to a standard wall outlet.
Post removed