TechDAS lll experience

I am thinking of purchasing the TechDAS lll either the standard version or the Premium.  If you own either of these turntables please share your experiences and thoughts regarding purchase, set up, tone arm/cartridge choice, and the sound in your system.  Please also share if you are happy or not with your purchase.
randypeck
@lewm 
I agree wholeheartedly. 
I tried to participate over there and I discovered that the group is made up of about 20 regulars and the moderator is the "owner" of the site and seems to occupy some alternative version of the universe. The fact that his avatar resembles the male version of a glamor shot with much plastic surgery and make up is telling 
Not the AF III, but I have the V. It’s extraordinary. I feel once you go air bearing and vacuum hold down it’s impossible to go back. Very quiet table. The engineering and build quality is really something to behold. It also doesn’t get any easier to setup, operate, maintain. The whole package is just so well thought out. As an example, Honda makes the wiring harness between the motor unit and the power supply. 
I am not intimately familiar with the Techdas Airforce line of turntables, but I have seen a few photos of the AF3.  My only criticism from 30,000 feet is that it hangs the tonearm off a peg, like the old M-S designs. Indeed, one of the owners who posted on What's Best said he tried to mount a tonearm using an old M-S mount he had on hand, and it worked.  Raul has pointed out the flaw in this design, and I tend to agree with the theory; the tonearm is then subjected to any energy traveling up the footer.  The AF One is a massive thing that does not use that method to mount tonearms, IIRC.  But take what I say with a grain of salt; I've never seen or heard one.
I was surprised to learn that the Premium version of the AF3 has a platter that is 20kg(!) heavier than that of a plain AF3. That's a whole different world and must require a heftier motor, belt, etc.
I think they are a technical achievement and very cool but i would never buy one. Way too complicated for such a small company. If the company goes belly up you could be stuck with a very expensive turntable you can't maintain and you can not sell. In that price range you have tables like the Basis 2800, SME 30/12 , Avid Acutus and the one I really want to hear is the Grand Prix Audio Monaco. It is a sensational design with a top notch record clamping system. It is also handily the most accurate turntable out there with speed variation on the order of 0.0001% which is totally nuts. It is a direct drive table and everyone here knows I do not like any of the direct drives I have heard. I'm hoping this one might be the exception. Put a Reed 5T on it and you have a technological tour de force. It is also elegant being devoid of unnecessary complexity.