WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
@jeffvegas will George Mayer AV let you demo the 335 at home? That would be the best solution even though it might cost you shipping charges.
I live in Vegas. Los Angeles is only 4 hour drive. I was going to go check it out and listen to it first before buying. I am considering the 335 or a Krell FPB 400CX, A Modwright kwa150 se ,. Of those 3 amps, which one would you buy? 
I sent my Levinson 23.5 to Pyramid Audio about 2 weeks ago because the left channel was popping and crackling, and even going out completely sometimes.  They just called yesterday to confirm the issue from their diagnosis and that it is time for the full rebuild.  Time is about 30 hours of work over the next 3 weeks, and I should see it shipped back to me in about a month.

Shipping is a pain of course due to the weight and bulk.  I invested $300 in a heavy duty Pelican hard case to pack it in with soft foam, and then an outer box around the Pelican case.  And shipping was about $200 as well, so this all in, is not a cheap investment and a lot of time packing/shipping/repairing for a 30 year old amp.
OK here is my 2 cents, bought a 23.5 used about 7 years ago on Audiogon for $2500 I would rather live on the streets before selling it, this amplifier was used for many hours every day always gave me chills. I had it in storage for 2 years due to losing my job I had to relocate to another state for employment. After 2 years in storage I set up my audio gear few weeks latter I got the pop from the left speaker comes and goes (I wonder if this is due to not using the gear for such a long time) so I took my amplifier to Technetron in NYC an authorized Levinson repair shop. All the smaller silver capacitors were replaced and some soldering was done due to age of the system. I spoke with Pyramid and Technetron about this repair before I decided where to go, I was initially going to ship to Pyramid due to their reputation but shipping would have cost me hundreds of dollars so I went local. Let me state, Pyramid and Technetron both told me the big capacitors do not need to be replaced on the 23.5 they last forever, I told them I was willing to pay for the replacement but they insisted I was waisting money, this is coming from technicians that have over 15 years experience repairing Levinson gear, I was surprise cause I would have no problems giving them the money to replace the large capacitors. I am about to go pick up my amplifier in a few hours. I was told after the repair I should get 15 more years of joy with the 23.5 before I would need another repair I was told by the technician that the older Levinson were much better than the newer ones, they were hand made. He told me due to age and heat the boards in the amplifier turned brown he told me not to leave the amplifier on when I was not using it he said some people leave the amp on 24/7, my amplifier was on all day and only turned off before bed. A new amplifier at this level would cost over $12000 I highly doubt you get better sound than the older Levinson.

My gear:
Levinson 23.5 x 2
Levinson 32
Levinson 360S
Dynaudio Confidence 5