WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
This 335 has been completely refurbished with new capacitors. It is for sale at George Mayer AV. An Authorized service center for Mark Levinson.  
@jeffvegas will George Mayer AV let you demo the 335 at home? That would be the best solution even though it might cost you shipping charges.
I live in Vegas. Los Angeles is only 4 hour drive. I was going to go check it out and listen to it first before buying. I am considering the 335 or a Krell FPB 400CX, A Modwright kwa150 se ,. Of those 3 amps, which one would you buy? 
I sent my Levinson 23.5 to Pyramid Audio about 2 weeks ago because the left channel was popping and crackling, and even going out completely sometimes.  They just called yesterday to confirm the issue from their diagnosis and that it is time for the full rebuild.  Time is about 30 hours of work over the next 3 weeks, and I should see it shipped back to me in about a month.

Shipping is a pain of course due to the weight and bulk.  I invested $300 in a heavy duty Pelican hard case to pack it in with soft foam, and then an outer box around the Pelican case.  And shipping was about $200 as well, so this all in, is not a cheap investment and a lot of time packing/shipping/repairing for a 30 year old amp.