Thoughts about buying a Bedini 100

Hello to all...

Have never had a tube amp. 2 vintage Bedini amps for sale close to me: Bedini 100 for $500, Bedini 150 for $900...

Thoughts/suggestions for those with vintage tube amp experience, especially Bedini owner/former owners.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions...
insearchofprat
A Bedini 100 will stomp a Parasound HCA-750A.....You would need to move many steps up the Parasound ladder to get in the league. I have never compared them side by side, but I’d say somewhere between the HCA 2200II and the HCA 3500 to get into the sound quality of the Bedini.... and power is not why.
Really nothing wrong with the HCA-750A, just understand its place.... It is just outclassed here.  The Bedini with caps updated is probably worth $600 to $800 MAX..... others can chime in,  but thats where I'd be.  I recommend trying to get the updates done and kept in that range. 
Since this is all new to me:

What would be the most important replacements to do 1st?

Can partial replacements be done? - can a tech evaluate what's still good and what should be replaced, instead of a blanket replacement?

And I'm sure this seems like a foolish question - but if I listen to it before (which I'm sure I should) - how do I know how 'well' it is working, or even how 'good' it might sound with replacement electronics?

The Bedini is a fairly simple amp- so if it works at all, then the main filter caps and the filter caps on the circuit boards should be replaced. That should take care of it if the amp is otherwise in good shape. This isn't that crazy hard to do. Once sorted out, they tend to be on the smoother side as most solid state amps go and that single quality puts them near the top of the heap to this day.
atmosphere

The electronics rework sounds simple for a competant tech - but should it cost around $500?
No, the new caps don't cost much. And an hour or less to install them! Anyway, unless there is a hum problem the caps are probably still good. You can use a variac to slowly ramp up the AC voltage to avoid stressing the caps.