Thoughts about buying a Bedini 100

Hello to all...

Have never had a tube amp. 2 vintage Bedini amps for sale close to me: Bedini 100 for $500, Bedini 150 for $900...

Thoughts/suggestions for those with vintage tube amp experience, especially Bedini owner/former owners.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions...
insearchofprat

Showing 4 responses by timlub

I believe that an Agon member has my old KBA-75.... This is a nice amp, I would love to have it back. 
The amps are price fairly to slightly high. Unless they are rebuilt, then grab one. They really do need to have all electrolytics replaced.  I have had in my home 3 classics of the era,  when rebuilt, these amplifiers are all very good. Take a look around...

Bedini 25/25
Sumo Nine
Kinergetics Research KBA-75

Oddly,  before upgrading them, I would have put the Sumo slightly behind the other 2,  but after the rebuild and getting rid of some nasty caps on the boards,  I ended up liking it best by a small margin..... But really, all 3 redone would be excellent.   Tim 
A Bedini 100 will stomp a Parasound HCA-750A.....You would need to move many steps up the Parasound ladder to get in the league. I have never compared them side by side, but I’d say somewhere between the HCA 2200II and the HCA 3500 to get into the sound quality of the Bedini.... and power is not why.
Really nothing wrong with the HCA-750A, just understand its place.... It is just outclassed here.  The Bedini with caps updated is probably worth $600 to $800 MAX..... others can chime in,  but thats where I'd be.  I recommend trying to get the updates done and kept in that range. 
Power supply caps are simple, get that done no matter what. On all 3 of my old class a units, cap replacement was a huge improvement.  roberjerman is correct,  The power supply filter caps are a simple switchout on this unit.