TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Hchi -
So sorry to hear of the shipping disaster. I suppose I was very lucky. Mine made it NJ with out a problem.

On the positive side. Paul is very thoughtful with his extra 'goodies' he includes in the box. :-)

I hope your claim is resolved quickly, and appropriately.

paul
Hchi, bummer dude, I too have had shippers (Fedes) break stuff, deliver it falling out of its box. Took 2 months to get it settled. It makes you want to find the idiot that that abused your stuff and, and,...
Jack, I really like my DV50, and the Marantz doesn't do video, anyway? I don't know. The 50 looks better, no?
Howard-

Ouch!
Hope that works out to your satisfaction.
I agree with Jack- TRL packs these things with extreme care.
It takes a good fifteen minutes ot evn get the player unwrapped.
FEDEX must have drove over it with a truck.
I am sorry you have to go through this.
Before 'others' misuse this incident, let me clarify one thing: TRL has one fo the best packagings for shipping I have seen. I am sure it is FedEX's (very) rough handling that causes the damage. Looking down form the top, the player was first wrapped in long saran sheets horizontally and vertically in a top and under fashion. After that, looking down from the top again, followed a long sheet of bubble wrap wrapping vertically in a top and under fasion in multiple layers. Because the bubble sheet is about 5/8 of the player width, there is another layer bubble sheet wrapped around the player, then multiple layer bubble wrapping horizontally. Therefore, looking from the top, the multi-layer bubble sheets formed a cross-like wrapping. Since Paul packed serveral goodies inside the box, the player is snuggedly fitted inside the case. Since the damaged is done at the front left-side edge, I suspected it is a strong impact at the edge of the box to cause the smooth curvature of damaged.

Does anyone know of any FREE public sharing web store, so that I can upload pictures for Paul to review?

Thanks.