TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Hchi -
So sorry to hear of the shipping disaster. I suppose I was very lucky. Mine made it NJ with out a problem.

On the positive side. Paul is very thoughtful with his extra 'goodies' he includes in the box. :-)

I hope your claim is resolved quickly, and appropriately.

paul
Hchi, bummer dude, I too have had shippers (Fedes) break stuff, deliver it falling out of its box. Took 2 months to get it settled. It makes you want to find the idiot that that abused your stuff and, and,...
Jack, I really like my DV50, and the Marantz doesn't do video, anyway? I don't know. The 50 looks better, no?
Howard-

Ouch!
Hope that works out to your satisfaction.
I agree with Jack- TRL packs these things with extreme care.
It takes a good fifteen minutes ot evn get the player unwrapped.
FEDEX must have drove over it with a truck.
I am sorry you have to go through this.
Before 'others' misuse this incident, let me clarify one thing: TRL has one fo the best packagings for shipping I have seen. I am sure it is FedEX's (very) rough handling that causes the damage. Looking down form the top, the player was first wrapped in long saran sheets horizontally and vertically in a top and under fashion. After that, looking down from the top again, followed a long sheet of bubble wrap wrapping vertically in a top and under fasion in multiple layers. Because the bubble sheet is about 5/8 of the player width, there is another layer bubble sheet wrapped around the player, then multiple layer bubble wrapping horizontally. Therefore, looking from the top, the multi-layer bubble sheets formed a cross-like wrapping. Since Paul packed serveral goodies inside the box, the player is snuggedly fitted inside the case. Since the damaged is done at the front left-side edge, I suspected it is a strong impact at the edge of the box to cause the smooth curvature of damaged.

Does anyone know of any FREE public sharing web store, so that I can upload pictures for Paul to review?

Thanks.

Hi Howard,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. As for a free public sharing web store for uploading pix, your best bet maybe your local library or College. If you know someone there they can do the upload. There are some internet cafe's around so a google search might give some good results.

Good luck with fedex. You should not have any issues with your claim. In my case my crated speakers had a hole on the side and the only damage was the surface skin cracked. The speaker is a poly-resin and kevlar body that will not break. This was fortunate since a more fragile speaker might have had more damage.