What was your most disappointing album purchase?

Since we have been listing “best debut albums”, I thought I might ask which albums members purchased, based upon one song, and with the expectation that other songs on the album would be good, but that album was a big disappointment.

I will start with the album by the group, Six Pence None The Richer, that had their big hit “Kiss Me”.   The rest of that album was trash!  Nothing I wanted to listen to and I found it hard to believe the same group had done the hit song.

This question might seem similar to “One Hit Wonders”, but I think it is different, as usually those groups made other music that was at least listenable.   My question refers to albums that had one listenable song, period!
bob540
@wturkey, Totally agree with you regarding those two Paula Cole albums.

One of the old records I was cleaning and listening to today was, “Its a Beautiful Day, Live at Carnegie Hall.” I could blame it on the recording, because the sound was weak. Even on their hit, “White Bird”, it was bad. Of course, maybe they were just one of many acts that sounded a lot better in the studio than live.
I had one of the first LP pressings of In the Court of the King.  The guitar distortion levels and recording were hard to listen on the 1970's equiptment.  Very poorly recorded with massive overload.
Gaucho, my musician friends love listening and wandering through the instruments  in the soundstage.  Superb production and recording.
UmmaGumma was a display of stereo effects, woven into music.  Need to see if I still have the English Import in my vinyl section.  Sorry if my contribution failed to mention one hit wonders.
The Journey Greatest Hits re-release is just awful. Clearly an LP pressed from MP3 files. Absolutely awful. 
The Major Works of John Coltrane. I thought it was a compilation album. Instead it was his later experimental stuff. I only had Giant Steps at the time and was trying to broaden my collection on a budget. I'm getting a headache just typing about it. I was a good customer at the record store; the owner gave me store credit and I walked out with Blue Train and some other LP.

Coltrane is one of my favorite musicians. But I just don't get his last 2 years or so. I've tried a couple of times over the last 35 years but it's always the same result.
Bob540

My darling wife introduced me to “It’s a Beautiful Day” artists and Lp in 1970. Studio version of White Bird is the only version worth appreciating. Agreed! Their album “Marrying Maiden” was good too. From there on they lost their way. 🇦🇺