Spendor D7 vs. Harbeth Super HL5+

Anyone who has heard both? Comparisons? I own the Harbeth. Curious about the difference with the Spendor. What brand and type of amp used. Thanks!
routeman21
The Spendor D series has been upgraded with the 7.2 and 9.2.
From what I've read it sounds more like subtle tweaks than radical changes; has anyone heard the new series?

I have the D9 and drive it with a Pass X250.8 and really like it.
Before purchasing the D9 I listened to the HL5+ and 40.2, B&W 804D3 and Kef Reference.    I thought the Spendor fit nicely in the middle between the highly detailed/revealing and punchy B&W and Kef, while still providing a mid-range centric sound like the Harbeth.  Both the midrange warmth and high freq detail was not at the extreme of the others, but as a whole package it was my favorite.   The D series driven by the slightly warm and romantic Pass makes for a very nice combo to my ear.

Darko gives a cool comparison of the D7.2 and the Classic 1/2 which I've never heard but assume would sound more like the Harbeths.

https://darko.audio/2020/01/spendor-the-classic-1-2-versus-the-d7-2/

Good Luck...

FYI the SHL5+ as well as other Harbeth models (including the larger M 40.2) sound best when treated like nearfield monitors, e.g. an equilateral triangle arrangement.   sounds more detailed and focused and yields the largest sound stage.  
another thought, the D7s were less forgiving on bright, harsh or difficult recordings making them tough to take.  
Harbeth runs the fine line between detail and forgiving like no other speakers I have heard.  
I own Spendor D7 for past year. They are not bright at all. They are neutral. I purchased them after demoing about two dozen other speakers over a six month period. The D7’s were the best, including beating other contenders up to $10k (Focal Kanta, B&W 804, Paradigm Persona, etc.). I am very happy with them, so much so that I later purchased the D1’s for my second system.

I have posted many opinions on them on A'gon that you can search if you like.

Heard the SHL5+ in one system, and I actually found them rather bright.  In the same system/room I preferred PMC Twenty/24's.

Different system/room.  Heard the Spendor D7 vs. Spendor Classic 100.  No contest.  The Classic 100 was far superior in every way, full-bodied, balanced, impactful.  D7 sounded malnourished and unnatural in the treble by comparison (perhaps it wasn't fully run in).

Heard the Harbeth 40.2 in a third locale and loved it--either it or the system/room had a very different presentation to the SHL5+.  Going on aural memory alone, preferred the 40.2 by a short head to the Classic 100.