WHat did Audiophiles hear during Tape deck era?

How did Audiophile listened to audiophile quality during tape cassett era?
ashoka
Cassettes really came into their own in the 80s and 90s. Dynamic range is the one thing that sticks out for me, cassettes are closer to the master tape than records or CDs. Also air and warmth. The digitally remastered cassettes are certainly more analog sounding than their CD counterparts yet more dynamic too. You CAN have your cake 🎂 and eat it too. 🤗
"tape cassette era?"

When did this happen? I purchased records, make a cassette copy for the car, because I thought they performed better than the pre recorded version.

No one informed me of an "era" during this time. 

I feel left out-did I miss a rally or convention? I did hear hiss in between tracks.
You need to talk to Geoffkait. My understanding from him is  he is still in the “cassette era”.
@noromance  I think I had the same underdash Pioneer - no FM. I had Crickets front and back in a 1970 Firebird w 400. Fun
i enjoy my mostly pirate cassette collection in my garage system - I used to document the recording chain on the label which is to me an interesting record of my system evolution probably the pinnacle for me SOTA Sapphire to Souther to Dynavector Ruby to Ortofon Step up to CJ Premier 3 to Tandberg 3014A.... fun
but my 4 track Dokorder was the high fidelity bomb :-) Eclipsed today by my high speed B-77 half track
Have a NAK today, the 3 series Tanberg notoriously unreliable.. not so the 440