Boston Acoustics A400's Anyone Remember?

Hi all,
I had a pair of Boston Acoustics A400's a long time ago and loved the mid's and high end sound from them. I thought they were weak in the low end and could have used another woofer. I am just getting back into audio and I see Boston Acoutics has just that now. The VS336 with the added woofer. I am considering purchasing the VS336 but I wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions for speakers that sounded like the old A400's? Only better.
I liked the Boston Acoutics sound but I am keeping an open mind in purchasing. I see there are TONS of options out there. Budget minded of course.

Thanks
sundriednm
I have a pair of A40's, the monitor of the A400. Recently had the foam redone. They sound just great now. The A line received many favorable comments in its day. Yes, there was something called the 'boston' sound and those speakers were the A series.
Boston Acoustics is underrated IMO. I once heard a Boston Acoustics setup that embarrassed the "higher end" system I had at the time.
I picked up a used pair of them for 160.00 for a friend about 8 years ago,,they sounded pretty good with his JVC stereo reciever,,they played very loud too!He loved them!
Hi Kclone, I am no expert on High End. I only know the clarity and (What I believe) is imaging was amazing on them compared to other speakers I have heard. I had heard a pair of high end B&W's and the B&W's were definately better but got the speakers for $500 used.
Mainly wanting to find out how the NEW Boston Acoustics VS336 sound. Hope someone here has an opinion on them.
Thanks, Terry
I replaced the woofers in my BA A60IIs maybe 8 years ago and they're still holding up fine...I use them with an old reciever as front video speakers running stereo out of a high def SONY. These speakers really sound amazing for the silly prices you can get 'em at now...I bought mine new and even back then (uh...late 80's?) they were a bargain.