Brand new Vandersteen Model 2's

I can't wait to hear them. I've been hearing about them for a while now and have been told that they are THAT good compared to the model they supersede.  The price only went up $100 which is typical Vandersteen.  I'm still amazed that they can offer this much value in this speaker.  I tried to find the thread on this, but wasn't able to.  I'm not the best at searching for things, but hope this thread suffices.  
ctsooner
Sunny Components Inc, Here are Sunny's thoughts and observations.
We have been dealers for audio products now for over 2 decades. We have had great products come by our store which have led to this massive amount of experience. Taking master class setup from the likes of David Wilson, John Giolas and Peter McGrath and the master of speaker setup Stirling Trayle we have come to adore some brands. You also learn that not every brand of speaker is right for everyone.
Richard is very dedicated in making product in USA employing all his staff from the central valley led by his family who keep a tight control on numbers, business and details like shipping. Even in this Pandemic the speakers came in 10/10 condition, packed professionally with proper strapping and on a pallet. Shipping like this costs $500.00 usd.
This speaker had a burden on its head as it has to outperform the largest selling hand made speaker in USA for our high end business appox 100K pair. I personally did not want to ever mess with a sub 5k speaker but after my own daughter purchased a home, I saw many of her friends seeking new homes and audio. Making a great budget high performance system was a quest that has brought me to this marvel.
Initial random observations.
The Bass resolution is quite amazing. You get to hear true tonal characters in Bass with pin point articulation. The decay in the mid-range is alluring and draws you in like a good book.
Greetings Sunny  Glad you got a pair in already and looks like removal of the Mid/treble controls with new x over = improved transparency allowing the Five series woven cone midrange/tweeter to perform at another level Can't wait to get our Vandersteen 2CE Sig 3s JohnnyR
From the Vandersteen site:

"While the electrical path is improved the proven driver components used in the Model 2Ce Signature II remain in the Model 2Ce Signature III"

Seems like the improvements are are all in the crossover circuit plus removing the contour controls which by itself should simplify the signal path.