Aragon 2004

Hey guys. Considering purchasing Aragon 2004 for $250. I don't think this is an MKII model. 100 watts at 8ohm and double at 4. My speakers are rated at 90 DB sensitivity. Is this still a good amp/deal or is there anything better at similar prices. Using BK reference 30 as preamp. 
cygnusx8
I stand corrected on my original statement.  It was Mondial from Connecticut, not the same company that made Mark Levinson.  My bad.  I  had a home trial from Ocean State Audio in R.I. way back in the 90's of a Aragon 4004 amp.  I used it with my Audible Illusions Modulus 3 (original) preamp and Vandersteen 2ci speakers.  I was also auditioning a McCormack DNA1 amp at the same time.  I kept the Mc Cormack and returned the Aragon 4004.  The Vandersteens just sounded so much better with the DNA1 behind it.  The Aragon was built as well as the McCormack amp. 

I felt bad when I returned The Aragon because I was 90% sure I was going to buy it when I took it home for the weekend.  I was kind of embarrassed when I returned it as the store owner was quite positive I was going buy it.  
Just to follow up...  I did buy that amp and it is great! Easily powers my speakers with a ton of power reserve. Thanks for all your advice, guys! 
Wanted to add a pic but don't see a way of doing it here. Can we not post pics?
Wanted to add a pic but don’t see a way of doing it here. Can we not post pics?
Go to Virtual Systems page, select ’Create System’, you can upload pictures to your system...

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/1986#&gid=1&pid=1