Vandersteen 2c vs Thiel CS2

About the same price but which one is a better deal? What are the cons and pros of each? Currently have an Aragon amp with an emotiva preamp with Von Schweikert VR-1 speakers. Also an mk sub. What should I buy or just keep my current bookshelf ones?
cygnusx8
If you do, I would be interested in your thoughts between the 3 manufacturers. PM me.
Bob
Since you have a sub, might I also suggest a new Pair of Vandersteen VLR on stands for < $1,500  Later add a Vandy sub 3 and have a remarkable system
Is there a way to find manufacture date on Thiels from their serial number? 
@tomic601 I still have an SPL meter that came with my SVS subwoofer I bought years ago. No longer own the sub but still have that meter.
I owned Thiels (about 30 yr ago) and extensively auditioned Vandersteens (about 35, then 15 years ago). As @erik_squires said, the Thiels have very pronounced treble. That gives them great imaging, air, and soundstaging, but can make them hard to listen to. I finally built a low-pass filter to tame them. The Vandersteens have a far more relaxed -- I’d say natural -- tonal presentation. Not showy, but rewarding. They are about as far apart as two speakers can be..
I cannot believe that you’d like both in the same system
I went from Thiel CS1.6 to Vandersteen 2Ce Sig II to Thiel CS2.4SE. I’ve been increasingly happy at each stop. When I first got the 2.4s, the midrange had a "glassy" quality but otherwise were a step up from the Vandies. There was evidence that the previous owner overheated a couple of resistors. I replaced all the OEM sandcasts with Mills MRA-12s and that pretty much cleared up that issue. I have since completely replaced every passive part from the binding posts to the driver hookup wire. Now, I’m super happy and, other than bass extension and definition, hear them as nearly as good as the very best I’ve heard (Vandersteen 7, TAD Ref One, Vivid Giya, Avalon Ascent).

During my rebuild, I heard an opinion that Thiel’s practice of using 1 uF bypasses contributed to a "tizzyness". So, maybe that’s the cause of the claimed Thiel treble issue? According to this source, bypasses should either be 1% or less or all-in (eg, >25%).

Regardless, I liked Vandersteen and Thiel in my system/room.