Music in multiple rooms

Hi guys,

I'd like to hook up 3 sets of speakers to the same source - with discrete volume control and the ability to turn off each set of speakers.

My idea is this:

- Connect sources and 1 set of speakers to an Integrated amp (INT1) that has "Pre-amp" outs
- then connect (INT1) from Pre-amp outs to any input on a 2nd Integrated (INT2) with 2 pairs of speaker terminals.

For ex:  CD Player/Streamer/Turntable -> Rouge Sphinx (1 set of speakers) -> Yamaha A-S801 (2 sets of speakers)

Should this work?  Would this work well?  Should I use the variable or fixed output on Rogue Sphinx?

Is there a better solution?  Open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

leemaze
@cio52 Thanks!  Yes I've definitely considered this, however in my new home I may only have one centralized place for all the hifi equipment with in-wall speaker wire going around.

@mrdecibel TY this was the confirmation I was looking for - it seemed self-evident but I wanted to confirm.  I think the Tube Stage of the Rogue would add it's Tubey color to the Yamaha as well, no?

Just a follow up- Does the signal coming out of a Fixed/Rec output go through the preamp of the integrated?

IE would the signal from the Fixed output of the Rogue go through the Tube stage?
To answer my own question i emailed Rogue.  The Fixed signal out skips the preamp.