Want to experience tubed CDP?

I am curious to hear a tubed CDP in my system, and would like to pay the entry price of an Ah! or Jolida to demo one in my system. I just wonder if either of those will equally perform at the level of my Cairn, or should I be looking at an Audio Aero or Cary model?

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!
jh2os
I agree with Jrwr7, teh Lector 5T is certainly the way to go for a tube cdp under $2000. Moving up in price, you certainly should try and give a listen to teh Granite Audio 657 at $2900 - it is the best cd player that I have heard short of the AA Capitole! Output impedence is a bit on the high side, so input impedence of the pre needs to be in the 50K and up range, but if it is - WOW!!!
Hi, Jh2os:

I heard the Cairn Fog v2.0 at a friend's house, but didn't audition it side-by-side with my AH! Supertjoeb 4000. We listened to Beethoven string trios performed by L'Archibudelli -- it's a good reference CD for judging bass, midrange, and treble via cello, viola, and violin.
I just never like the sound of violin on most CDPs, except for upsampling CD players with a tubed output buffer; and neither do I care for the sound of solid state electronics in general. I shouldn't have declared that the Supertjoeb will best the Cairn, since I didn't hear them side-by-side. I should have said that I love my Supertjoeb with upgraded tubes; the stock tubes give too much emphasis to the upper midrange. The Dutch CDP nearly makes a solo violin sound beautiful with solid state electronics; and with the right tube electronics the sound is downright splendid.
Best wishes,
Jay
Agree completely with Triode's post...I own the BAT VKD5se and am continually amazed at what it adds to the music listening experience...no digititus whatsoever!
Larry
Try newly imported to the U.S. from Germany, the Vincent S6 mark 2 which I think comes in at around $1895. Its getting some rave notices in Europe. Balanced xlr outputs, digital and usual analogue outputs along with remote volume control.
Some relatively affordable tube CDP's options: Audio Aero Prima, Shanling CDT100, Super Tjoeb, Jolida 100A, Heart 6000 OSE LE, Cary. Not sure if all of these would best your Cairn Fog.

Another route to consider... a NONOS design DAC (unfiltered, no oversampling) coupled with an affordable transport or quiet pc hard-drive (possibly SACD so that you have the best of both worlds). These DAC's include 47 Labs Shigaraki, Audio Note, Ack! Dac, Scott Nixon, etc) or a NONOS CDP such as Audio Note. Sound is supposed to be natural, linear with good PRaT and an absence of digital glare.