Another sad tale, hopefully Ian can make plans and peace with the world

128x128uberwaltz
Number one Tull fan here. Ian has always been a bit different in more ways than one. When I read about him dumping Martin Barre like a hot rock a while back and what Martin had said about it, I thought he’s really flipped his lid. Ian stated that Tull had runs it’s course. Perhaps the COPD is the real reason. We all handle things differently. Wishing Ian the best.

I had my lungs cooked, behind a confined space tank entry. I actually breathed out fire, in the space. It was a water reactive environment.
The guy that checked, tested only for O2, flammable, and combustible
40 years ago. No water reactive..

Needless to say my smoking days were over. COPD for over 40 years...It's not a death sentence, but it will scare the heck out of you.

Took me a couple years to really get my breath back. 65 years old now, I got a few left in the tank.. I think.. LOL 

I wish, hope and encourage them all, keep on going.
After all what's the alternative? Toot Toot!!!

Respectfully, and with Regard
So sad to hear this! I was a Tull fan since early ‘70’s Heavy Horses, Seen him back stage, and many many concerts. Very disappointed with him dumping Martin Barre - not the same anymore- last concert in Seattle was terrible- wish him all the best!  
Cheers to Ian!  Made me fall in love with the flute!  Some of the greatest memories in my 70 years with music on this beautiful planet  Best music period in history!  Thick as a Brick!  Cheers and a special prayer to Ian tonight!!!