Why no interest in reel to reel if you're looking for the ultimate sound?

Wondering why more people aren't into reel to reel if they're looking for the ultimate analog experience? I know title selection is limited and tapes are really expensive, but there are more good tapes available now than ever before.
People refer to a recording as having "master tape quality",  well you can actually hear that master tape sound through your own system and the point of entry to reel to reel is so much more affordable than getting into vinyl.  Thoughts? 
scar972
@orpheus10  : MUSIC has no name: tube, SS, digital, analog, etc, etc.
MUSIC has the unique characteristic to " move " any one no matters what, MUSIC always has LIFE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG0vH4WYChQ&feature=youtu.be&t=2

R.

I perform and record with a symphony, chamber group and choirs at Disney hall, Royce Hall, Gindi auditorium, Ford theater, etc.   I know what live music sounds like.  I chose 100% tube amplification (phono, pre-amp, amps) but SS for a DAC and for my two video systems' audio.  I've heard great SS and tube gear at shows and salons.  As to amplification, if the speaker is a difficult load, I would choose high powered SS.  If it is an easier load, then tube.  That's my preference based on five decades of audiophile experience.   I do not have SOTA equipment but high end affordable gear.
"As to amplification, if the speaker is a difficult load, I would choose high powered SS"

I would have no objection to that, but my speakers are 92 DB and are easily powered by 70 watt tube mono blocks.

It seems that connoisseurs  of good music, like connoisseurs of fine wine prefer tubes.

Funny story; I was with some connoisseurs of fine wines, and every time they opened a bottle they poured me a glass because 3 glasses came in each bottle.  While they were going all "Ga Ga" over the wine, all I knew was that it tasted better than Mogen David, or Rosy O Grady.  If it had been fine music I could have commented.

I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to buy some NOS Telefunkens for my tube phono preamp.

You can go up the ladder, but it ain’t easy if you have to come back down; although I haven’t gone as far as that cartoon.