Tempted to buy a Macintosh

I am quite tempted to buy a Macintosh amp, and would like to learn more about it.

I have a Almarro 318B (18W) integrated and a Triode Lab 2A3 integrated.  For speakers, I have a set of Zu Omen Def I and Spatial Audio X5.  I haven’t heard a Masintosh in person.  I mainly like its retro look.  From reviews, I heard it has a very smooth sound, which may match with my listening preference.  I only listen to Jazz and Bossa Nova with low-medium volume.  And my questions are:

1) My speakers are efficient speakers and I listen in low volume.  So, I don’t need and want big power.  Is Macintosh a good match to my speakers?  I have no interest to change my speakers for now.

2) my budget is around $3000 for used equipment.  That is not a lot for a Mac.  So, it seems I would go for an integrated.  

3) I like tubes, but it seems Macintosh is more a SS brand.  And it seems there is no tube integrated.  The entry level MA252 is a hybrid with a tube preamp and SS amp.  I listen to some your tube video and it sounds great.  But of course, can’t draw any conclusion base on YouTube videos.  Is that a good choice to step into Macintosh world?  Or people would suggest to go different routes to get the full potential of Macintosh?  That is all SS, or separate tube pre amp (e.g. Coincident or Supratek) and power amp (MC275)?
gte357s
Let me add another very happy McIntosh owner.   I have MC501s driving 3.6 Maggies via a C220 tube preamp.  I bought all the McIntosh gear used 10 years ago +/- and could sell them all today for what I paid.  Another thing about McIntosh amps, they are typically under rated for power.  My MC501s are advertised at 500 wpc, bench test to about 750.  As others have said, you can get your money back out if them if you don't like them.  Another vote for Audio Classics and used gear as well!
To flatbackround, did you ever compare your ma 6900 to any other Mcintosh amp? I have several other Mcintosh amps that make me happy, but my ma 6900 just doesn't deliver. What do I do wrong?
The ma 6900 was in production for 15 years, so it must do something wright!  Can anybody help me to let it s(w)ing???
@ihasaguy, i once read that mcintosh amps usaully put out about 33% more than it's rated output!
I am working off a 71 year olds memory, but one of the big magazines (stereophile maybe)  bench tested the MC501 mono blocks circa 2008 and they tested out at 750 wpc.
The MA 6900 is 200 watts per using their auto former design.  It does not double down into 4 or 2 ohms.  So it is on the low power side of their SS amps.  I run preamp out to a subs crossover and back into the amp section. To me an improvement.  I also have a Wyred4Sound St1000v2 which drove Maggie 1.7s well with 400 watts class D. After a few months I went back to the McIntosh. I may switch again for fun.