Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
Dear @halcro  : The failed concept is failed by physics law. That we like it the listening experiences through it does not means is " rigth ".

In the other side your post making comparison about is useless when the comparison you wanted show was with different TT, different tonearm and even different LP track and probably not exactly the same accurated alignment set-up.

R.
Hi Kenchi,
Wow, your question as to which arm and plinth is best for your 301 opened up an incredibly technical discourse on the physics of arm board construction!
I am somewhat new to high level TT set up and Garland 301 rebuild.
And I certainly do not approach this quest/avocation from an intense technical perspective. I research and use common sense. I have been searching and waiting for a “proper” rebuilt 301 rig for years.
Finally, I have what I believe is a great sounding set up. I can only share what I have been able to cobble together. Speaking of waiting, I still have not been able to listen to my 301 now waiting for the last critical piece-a Stealth Hyper phone cable which is still being built.
So, I can only relay my feelings and faith. For the arm, it is a Ortophon 309. Not the highest level but, I believe, period correct and really good. The plinth and TT rebuild is from Chris at Woodsong Audio. Believe he is one of a handful of rebuilders at the top of the game. And a very helpful and knowledgeable fellow. His plinths seem to be among the best. And to complete the picture, going with my taste for beautiful mid range a Myajima Shalbi. Hope this has been helpful. I hope that all my research, patience and common sense will result in rig that faithfully reproduces the drive and musicality that the 301 is famous for.
Atmasphere
"Or you could use a mirror mounted on the item under test, a laser and a sound source to demonstrate how a separate arm pod will not vibrate the same as the plinth onto which the platter is mounted, even if both use the same construction techniques!"

Have you tried this technique? It has been a thought experiment of mine for some time now, but I have never actually run it in practice. 
Easy to get more than 1000x gain with this technique. 
It would be most informative  

Cheers 
Yes, it works fine. Bob Worzella of Sound Anchors mentioned this to me about 30 years ago- this is how he was able to prove that his stands for Vandersteens actually resulted in better measurable performance.

@halcro 

a turntable that struts and frets its hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by youtube, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Post removed