Tempted to buy a Macintosh

I am quite tempted to buy a Macintosh amp, and would like to learn more about it.

I have a Almarro 318B (18W) integrated and a Triode Lab 2A3 integrated.  For speakers, I have a set of Zu Omen Def I and Spatial Audio X5.  I haven’t heard a Masintosh in person.  I mainly like its retro look.  From reviews, I heard it has a very smooth sound, which may match with my listening preference.  I only listen to Jazz and Bossa Nova with low-medium volume.  And my questions are:

1) My speakers are efficient speakers and I listen in low volume.  So, I don’t need and want big power.  Is Macintosh a good match to my speakers?  I have no interest to change my speakers for now.

2) my budget is around $3000 for used equipment.  That is not a lot for a Mac.  So, it seems I would go for an integrated.  

3) I like tubes, but it seems Macintosh is more a SS brand.  And it seems there is no tube integrated.  The entry level MA252 is a hybrid with a tube preamp and SS amp.  I listen to some your tube video and it sounds great.  But of course, can’t draw any conclusion base on YouTube videos.  Is that a good choice to step into Macintosh world?  Or people would suggest to go different routes to get the full potential of Macintosh?  That is all SS, or separate tube pre amp (e.g. Coincident or Supratek) and power amp (MC275)?
gte357s
heh Dill, your sarcasm is inappropriate IMO. Many who come here do not have English as a first language. GTE, I owned the Almarro 318B for many years. It's a great low cost SET amp. The McIntosh SS gear you're thinking of will provide a very different sound presentation than you are used to.  Can you try a McIntosh at your home? If you really want to try out some SS there are many brands unless you have to have those blue meters. I've never been a McIntosh fan but many here are and will advise you.
@dill, thanks for pointing it out.  : )

@tuberist, yes, I think I either want a tube, or a SS with those cool blue meter.  I wonder how many people buy McIntosh because of those, LoL.  And your comment about SS will sound different likely very true.  That’s why I want to hear what other thinks.  Even though I like the look, the sound is more important.  If SS is the McIntosh thing, then I guess I will stay away from it until I am ready to change my whole set, to speakers like Focal or B&W.
@dill 
there are McIntosh dealers in Vancouver, Canada.  It will be hard for me to find time to audition them due to the lock down with kids at home.  My question is more like, if there are successful story out there pairing McIntosh and efficient speakers like Zu.  And specifically people’s thought on MA252 compared to other models.  When I get a chance, I guess I can go to one of the dealer and try it with an Audio Note speaker if they have them on display.  The Audio Note are expensive and not a mainstream brand, but it is the only efficient speaker they have that is design for tube amps.
I'm not familiar with your speakers, but if they are as efficient as you note, then McIntosh power could be a very desirable choice.  While many might disagree, I find they provide super-clean power and uncolored flat presentation.  

Their tube amps are what made them famous and the one that most people reference is the MC275.  It's been made essentially the same way for decades and is now on its 6th generation.  If you're patient and watch the ads closely, I'm sure you could find a MC275 III, IV or V in decent condition near your budget target.  It features mono bridging if you want to go that route.  There are also standard mono units in MC40, MC60 and MC75 variants.

If you want to go SS, the second generation MC7100 (it features XLR input connections) could be a good way to go.  It offers 150 watts stereo and a mono bridge for 300.  It was made with a toroidal transformer, is well-reviewed for sound quality, is bullet-proof reliable and sells in the $1200 per unit range.  There are several others that you could consider, some of which are quite collectable and also near to your price point.  The MC2300 is a famous example and is the amp that powered the Wall of Sound back in the day.

A good place to start researching what's out there and find out the best potential match would be Audio Classics.  They're the foremost McIntosh retailer around, ship worldwide and have a stellar reputation.  They're located in Vestal NY, so not far from the Mc factory.  Surf their website - you'll find it a great source of information.

Good luck and happy listening!