Interesting Fed Ex encounter...

So I was offered to do a little review on some Fritz Carreras last month and it was time to send them back.  I’m stuck at home with a broken leg so Fritz was kind enough to have Fed Ex pick them up at my home.  So, I had them all boxed up and ready to go on Tuesday. Fed Ex comes to the door and I have him come in and grab the box (he did not know what was in the box, just a plain u haul box).  I didn’t even think to ask if I had to sign or if I could get a receipt (mistake on my part no doubt).  Just me snapping a pic or taking a video would have been smart.  Fast forward to today (Friday) and apparently Fed Ex says they came on Tuesday, no one was home, so they came back Wednesday; no one home again so they cancelled the pick up.    Interestingly, fed ex did come back Wednesday and Mom answers the door and informs the Fed Ex gentleman that the package was picked up Tuesday.  The gentleman responds “hmmm, I was off Tuesday”.  
So as of today, Fed Ex apparently has no record of anything being picked up.  Well crap, I’m freaking out, Fritz is concerned obviously and I’m at a loss.  So I start texting all my neighbors to see if anyone has something on camera and sure enough, my neighbor 2 doors down has time stamped video of fed ex pulling up, coming to my door and then struggling to carry the large, 65 pound box back to his truck...  

My neighbor forwarded me the video which I forwarded to Fritz...

My advice is to not let this happen to you and mg question is where do I go from here?

What a mess!
128x128b_limo
One might assume an "inside job."  I have had bad experiences with FedX.  I shipped a case of wine and insured it for $500.  When it never arrived they would not pay on the insurance claim.  Obviously, some FedX employees drank well on me.  FedX is dreck and the USPS is the gold standard, 
Fed Ex is great compared to the PO i ordered something should have gotten it 5 days ago its still floating around somewhere.
My personal experience is that FEDEX customer service can be pretty awful, and for all the tracking, other than what is in the computer, realistically they know nothing.  I would still take them 10x over UPS. I find FEDEX far more reliable.

There is a simple way of dealing with this when things are picked up.  1) Always use their online shipment creator. It is very easy to use and you get nice paperwork where writing quality will never be an issue and importantly, you can check the box and get immediate updates of shipping status.   2) Insist they scan the shipment in front of you. You will hear that telltale beep that it has been scanned. You can even ask for confirmation, but if you did #1 properly, you will automatically and near instantly get an email that the package has been tendered.
Heaudio123, great advice about having them scan it into the system right in front of you 👍
Update on the shipping snafu. If you have a FedEx account they have a service where you can arrange a "call tag" where they will pickup a package and print the shipping label on the truck. Apparently the pickup driver didn't do this and somehow the speakers got shipped back to me in California instead of sending them to Georgia where they were supposed to go. I will ship them out tomorrow to Andy who bought the review pair to so everything worked out OK. Thanks. Fritz Heiler   FritzSpeakers

BTW- I've used the call tag thing many times when getting back speakers from reviewers and when I buy gear from people.  First time I ever had a problem.