Degritter brand ultrasonic record cleaner

I received notification yesterday that the Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner is finally making it into production. I have been watching the company for about a year, as the cleaner has moved from prototype to beta testing , and now to a limited production of the finalized (we’ll see ;-) version. The design is excellent, eliminating my reservations about the high-priced (around $4,000) ultrasonic cleaners, at a little over half their price (just over $2,000, last I read). The Degritter uses 120kHz as it’s ultrasonic frequency, and features water filtering and disc drying. It also looks cool, like a 1950’s toaster! Details available on the companys website.
128x128bdp24
I sat on the fence since the Degritter became available and finally ordered one a few months ago.
Had to wait about 2 months before it finally arrived, due to the Pandemic.
I have had it about a week and have only ran a few Lps thru it, but not sure if it is working correctly.

I have ran a couple of new Lps through the Degritter, on the maximum cleaning cycle, and they seem 'clean' coming out... about the same as going in, except that when I inspect the record there seems to be tiny specs of lint/paper still stuck on the suface and in the grooves.
Last night I cleaned an album multiple times using the maximum setting and then finally added 1.5 ml of the cleaner, as I was just using distilled water at first because these are all new records I'm 'cleaning'.

The lint/paper specs come loose after a little rubbing with my finger, but shouldn't the Degritter be doing this?
Is there a way to check that the transducers are operating as they should?
How am I to know if all that is running is the pump or fan?
Is there something in the software I can check on the screen?

I have a Keith Monks KMAL twin platter RCM which I have almost completed rebuilding/modifying..
I replaced the original vacuum pump with a new, more powerful modern pump (same one they use on their new model)replaced both the arm motor and the thread spool motor with custom Industrial HD motors that turn 1/2 the speed of the originals and also slowed both platters speed from 100 rpm, down to 50 rpm. Also added a vacuum gauge.
Cleaning a record now will take 2x longer (was 1 minute per side, now will be 2 minute per side), but I was not comfortable with the high rpm of both the platters original speed. I believe this will be a better cleaning RCM, as the vacuum arm will be working the same area with slightly more vacuum (also adjustable) than before and safer on the records than the original design.

Everyone stay well!

Rick
You can look at the version of your software on the “info screen” last selection on the rotating knob.  Current version is 2.2.9v8
i did update the firmware on mine when I received it. Over 200 albums cleaned and nothing similar to any dust residue you are experiencing. Is the water tank properly filling?  
Hello drrsutliff,

Actually, the current version on my machine is the most current version: 2.2.16v8
As for the machine, I checked it by testing the amp draw (I'm an Electrician by trade) using 2 different clamp-on Amp meters to reference each other during the cleaning cycle, which during the 'quick' clean cycle the amperage fluctuated between .24A -.42a... never going higher than 50 watts, which would amount to just what  the pump and fan used.Obviously, since the transducers use 300 watts, that circuit is not working.
Thanks for the suggestions and have a great day!
Rick
Degritter is just a total pleasure to deal with. Some of the best customer service I have ever experienced!
The faulty machine is now on its way back to Estonia. One of the corners of the shipping box is got a pretty good crushed corner, probably evident of an impact that caused the damage.

Very much looking forward to getting the new Degritter so I can see how well it works when the transducers function properly

I did a little more exploring a couple days ago and found the problem on the transducer amplifier board.
I would post a picture of what I found but this site makes it too difficult to post pictures... Hey Audiogon... it's 2020!

I’m glad you were able to sort it out.  Please update us when the replacement arrives and you are able to enjoy what it can properly accomplish with some transducer help...