Yet another Integrated vs Separates advice post

Hey Audiogon! Help me spend my money.

I've recently upgraded my speakers and analog rig and it now has me wondering if I could be getting more out of my amplification section. I've had a trusty Hegel H200 integrated amp for about 6 years and it's to its testament that until now I haven't thought about upgrading it. But the upgraditis is getting to me, especially after my analog section has taken me into a different tier on the source side.

My questions:

If my goal is to move into the "reference" quality tier (and by that I guess I mean, at least providing a sniff of the creme de la creme; Stereophile Class A-quality for lack of a better way to put it), should I take this opportunity to move back into separates? 

Second question: if my budget is around $7k, what should I consider that would be a significant upgrade over the giant-killing Hegel? Some components I'm considering:

For separates, PS Audio BHK preamp + PS Audio Stellar Monoblocks (though I'm hesitant about class D amps)
For integrated, Aesthetix Mimas, or a Luxman integrated
Someone in the running: integrateds from Krell, Mark Levinson, and Ayre

My requirements: my rack limits me to standard-sized 17"-wide components. I need at least 2 balanced inputs unless there's a built-in DAC. I mainly seek a "warm" tonality with rich midrange, and greatly value components that image exceptionally well.

My system: Hegel H200, Doge 7 DAC, Avid Volvere turntable, PS Audio Stellar phono preamp, Egglestonworks Emma speaker
hudsonhawk
I picked up an older Bryston BP26 pre amp for $1200 and using it with a pair of Ampzilla 2000 Second Edition monoblocks ($5k/pair).
The power cords on the monoblocks are not changeable so I only needed a power cord for the Bryston.
The combination is stunning! Dead silent like my Hegel H190 that I use in my office setup (small 10x14 room).

So for $6200 plus about $400 for interconnects, this would meet your $7k budget.
Like you, I absolutely love the Hegel. Love the Bryston/Ampzilla even more!

I agree with baclagg and rbstehno 100%, the H390/590 is a true upgrade. So I guess I should be thankful the H190 is more than enough for the small room. Otherwise, ... Luxman integrated, H390, ...

I'm going to throw a curve ball into the mix.

Lyngdorf TDAI3400 , get the optional analogue input and consider the HDMI module if you like to double duty with AV. 

You could add a quality sub or 2 down the line as an upgrade path.

http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/lyngdorf-tdai-3400-integrated-amplifier-dac-streamer

Review here from a guy who spins vinyl. No DAC required it's a digital amp.

What sets this apart is you get is world class room control. This will have more of an impact on your overall sound quality than better measuring amps. You can even just use it as a pre amp down the line.

I can see you have excellent close to full range speakers, but adding a sub or two and playing with the digital crossover settings you can go down to full range bass and taking those bass notes away from the Emma's will improve the mid bass and higher frequencies.

You could also consider the chraper 2170 as a room correcting pre, you would lose the built in streamer.

My only caution is that power conditioning these digital amps can be very beneficial in my experience. However,  have lots of noisy dc pumps and led lights on the same power ring circuit, from my fish tank (That review implies you don't need conditioning, ymmv).

The sound is very neutral. You really tend to get the flavour of the recording and the recording methods and the recording acoustics. You can voice the system with presents and your own equalization. If I stream an analogue recording it sounds analogue. 

I have the Rogue Audio RH-5 linestage / preamp and Stereo 100 power amp.  I upgraded from the highly regarded Cronus Magnum integrated amp.  
The idea of separates as an upgrade mainly influenced dynamics and musical life like energy compared to the integrated which was already excellent.  
I tried a few very good solid state amps too but it didn't take long to realize I missed the smooth refined liquid Rogue family sound.  
FYI each are Stereophile class A rated, (appropriately so) and under your budget.  If you can forgo the bling and focus on the sound this is a very strong recommendation.  Peace.  
I have been the "separates" route with lots of boxes on lots of shelves. Now I have a fairly simple set up (only two boxes) and have no desire to have a forest of cables ever again. IMO, separates are great if you change gear regularly or are a reviewer.