Complete Set of Five 2013 Anthony Gallo Speakers (Excellent/Mint)

I have completed my set of beloved Anthony Gallo Classico Speakers.  I got the fronts, the CL-3's first, maybe a couple years ago. They are in perfect shape, just very light play. About a year ago I got the CL-C center channel, which is also as close to Mint as you can get.  I just completed the set with two CL-1's which I got sent factory direct from England, those are mint, never been taken out of the box.

Recently I found out that these speakers have become somewhat of a collectible due to both their sound and value but mostly because these are the only speakers Gallo ever made with a non-metal spherical shape. 

I've looked on ebay (and everywhere else) and these speakers are pretty much impossible to find (and selling well above msrp). Putting a whole set together would be approaching impossible.

If you added up the original msrp these five would have been about $3,000.

- All speakers are in the Black Ash Finish, still have the Original Box with the stryofoam casing for them all and 3/5 have the original owner's manual.

As somebody who has a small business that isnt able to get any incentive from the government.  I am considering selling these. Something I would never consider otherwise.

My question to you audio experts is what would a set like this go for?  The guy at Gallo said he would ballpark it around $5,000-$6,500 due to the reasons I have stated above.  Some feedback would be great. something like 6k right now would be huge.

- Sean
seanconners
Are you sure you didn’t speak to some drunk dude at the Gallo wine company?  The last two used pairs of CL-3s sold for $600 with the last pair selling about four months ago.  IMHO, competition at this price level is fierce and there are tons of great options out there, so as good as the Classicos may be I’d be surprised if you can get much more than half the factory-direct price last offered by Gallo — the speaker company.  Sorry to be a downer. 
Sorry to hear of your financial situation and wish you the speediest road to recovery.

Unfortunately, rare doesn't always equal collectable...or desirable.
Vintage Tannoys, Altec Model 19s, and Harbeths are collectable. Gallos, not so much.

Most used speaker more than a year old would sell on the used market at half to slightly better than half of its original retail plus shipping costs.