EMM LABS DV2

Any Emm LABS DV2 owners who can share what streaming unit they paired with the DV2...Any input will be appreciated...John
jakesnak
Lalitk, that's an impressive presentation! Very cool! One either understands this obsession or not...I know another guy with a N10...He uses AES, he strongly states AES is a better sonic choice...I talked with the owner of Snake River Audio awhile back, he also concurred with AES...Emm Labs is aware of the MQA limitations with NS1 (obviously)...Perhaps an upgrade is in the works? I can still stream 192, its just not MQA...
@jakesnak,

Thanks for your kind feedback. Without a doubt N10’s SPDIF and AES/EBU audio outputs are superior over its USB output due to signal from these outputs being regulated by one of the finest on-board OCXO clock. I’ve used both of these outputs for a very long time with DAC’s prior to acquiring DA2.

With DA2’s meticulous and superb implementation of DSD and USB, I started listening to high resolution files than be content with files upto 24bit/192kHz resolution. For the sake of convenience and simplicity (one less $$$ digital cable) I stayed with USB as it supports wide variety of resolutions without the hassle of switching back and forth between PCM and USB.

If you’re concerned about missing out on high resolution due to non-MQA support, sign up for a trial with Qobuz. I have dropped Tidal last year after auditioning Qobuz. To my ears, their high resolution SQ is superior to Tidal (even with full unfold of MQA files).

IMHO, DA2 is one of the finest sounding DAC currently available on the market.

Enjoy!
@lalitk ,

I tried Qobuz, it does not perform well in my network...I have to use Satellite internet due to my rural setting...1 mile into the woods surrounded by 350 acres...The price I pay for privacy! Tidal works fine, cannot get Qobuz to properly stream...Eventually the N10 will happen...I have heard nothing but good things about it...Thanks for sharing your input, its most appreciated...
Lalitk need some input. I'll have the opportunity to compare the n10 to the NS1. If I run aes/ebu only should I just buy the conductor app without the additional fee for mqa? Using aes/ebu will prevent mqa anyway? Any input you can provide with setting this up for a demo will be appreciated. I intend on leaving the optilink as the connection between the NS1 and the DV2. John

@jakesnak,

As I recall, since optilink won’t pass MQA signal, I would skip MQA all together. Aurender only offers first unfold of MQA files (upto 24bit/96kHz) for a one time fee of $50.

For this comparison, I would sign up Sign up for Qobuz trial and listen to wide variety of files available in high resolution upto 24bit/192kHz. Use AES/EBU connection from N10 to DV2 and optilink connection between the NS1 and the DV2.

Have fun and post your findings!