Religious music for less than devout

We have a thread " Jazz for someone who doesn’t like jazz. " In a similar vein perhaps "Religious music for the less than devout".

"people get ready" - Rod Stewart
"Amazing Grace" - Jessye Norman
2009 "Duets" - Five Blind Boys of Alabama, The - entire CD
1988 "Sweet Fellowship" - Acappella, the entire CD

In 1989 I was working in NJ, I may have been the only guy on the job who did not know he was working for the Irish Mafia. I would lend people the CD "Sweet Fellowship" and they were willing to pay for it but never return it:

"Here is $20 kid, go buy yourself another cuz youz can’t have mine back. Now don’t ever ask me again."

timothywright
Mindy Smith's albums. Good country/alt-country but with a sometimes subtle Christian message woven in every now and then.
Mozart's "Requiem" - - just outstanding, feeling music.  That also serves a religious point.
Rock and roll arguably evolved from gospel. Without gospel music there wouldn’t be Elvis Presley, Ray Charles, or James Brown - for example. So many of the country blues guitarists (eg Mississippi John Hurt) were essentially playing their twists on gospels. This music was a point of reference for these genres to expand on - this is what people knew.

Released in time for Christmas 2019, I enjoy Andrew Bird's "Hark!"
A truly great masterwork is  Brahms "German Requiem"
On either CD or DVD  .
A fave of mine:
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Salzburger Kirchenmusik 1774
Gema Records 1985
Carus 83.103 CD

Wonderful choral music!

BTW, I tried to return my Fairfield Four album to Best Buy and get my money back. The clerk asked what was wrong with it. I said: "The title says Fairfield Four but there are five people on the cover. It's obviously defective!". Didn't get my money back...