Anyone heard Underwood level1 3910 mod?

Has anyone heard the underwood mods? I am looking at getting a 3910 modded but I don't have another 2K to spend on a API etc. Underwood says $650.00 for their work.

Cheers!
Frano
frano
Could you tell us more about the modded 3910? I read their ad here on audiogon. It seems like their upgrades are focused on the new clock and on the power supply, with less done to the output stage. Other modders have radically redesigned or even junked the stock output stage.
I have the Underwood 3910 Level 2 mod, w/superclock and bybees; very nice, though since it's my only mod'ed player I couldn't tell you if the other mod'ers are doing something better/different. It certainly has the best sound I've experienced in my rig, and that includes a much more expensive Audiomeca Mephisto II.X.
Sean, What are you trying to tell us? I'm trying to do your mod myself, but I'm not sure whether I should use Skippy or JIF. Will I void my warranty? Love the new Sean! Keep it up...but, don't stay away. Its a good fix for what ails you (and us).
I am well satisfied with my Underwood mod to a Denon 2900. I do not have another player for side by side comparison, but I do believe that the sonics are better. Certainly the workmanship, evident by removing the cover, is top drawer. Apart from the sonics, dealing with Wally was no sweat, and the whole project including shipping both ways, took less than two weeks. I have heard horror stories about delays with other shops.
I will second Eldartford's comments re: workmanship, sound, ease of transaction and timeliness.