Another streaming newbie

Guys, I have tried to search and figure this out, because I know this topic has been well-covered. But I am still wandering in the dark, so plz forgive my redundant questions....

First, here's my current rig,: I built a Lenco table 15 yrs ago with a JMW 10 arm/London Super Gold that I run into a phono pre that I built from a pretty high end kit  (can't see the name, have no idea what it is now!) thru a VTL tube IT-85 integrated amp and then thru some SF Electa Amator II, supported by a sub I built.  So pretty mid-fi setup, but it really works for me.  Sounds great, to my ears.  

The Covid thing has me home (no golf in Los Angeles!), listening to music more. Would love to stream something that approaches the vinyl sound quality with a music service, but being retired, budget is more a concern now... I just subscribed to TIDAL with its premium level (MQA) that I was running straight from my iphone 6 to the VTL. Meh.  Then my daughter ran same stuff through her iphone 11 and, hey, that sounded better.  So, clearly, I am in need of a streaming DAC.  

I know MQA gets mixed reviews. I have no way really to test this or to go listen to stuff. Everything is shut down here. So here's the criteria that matters most to me:
  • A great UI app because now streaming is like going to the Smithsonian.  There's a lot to organize. 
  • Great sound. (whatever that means!) 
  • One box.  Cables get expensive & messy.  
  • I'd like to keep it under $2K. I'd really like to keep it under $1K, but that may be wishful thinking.  I mean, is Bluesound Node 2 up to it? I am sure it would beat my daughters iphone 11, but ... what are reasonable streamers/DACS?  Where's the killer solution that isn't $10K?  I know it's out there....
I am not so far into TIDAL that I can't change. My system is in the same room as my router, so I can run an ethernet cable to the DAC.  As I have looked at all of this, it has occurred to me to get an older, much higher quality used DAC that I can somehow mesh with TIDAL (or another service with high quality streaming) and forget the MQA.  But this has to somehow hook into my internet directly and be able to be run by a remote UI.  So now my head is spinning.

Thanks for your input.  Chuck
chuckccs
There are all kinds of streamer/DAC combos, or you can just get a streamer sans DAC;, a DAC that only does DACing; streamer/DACs with amplification built in;
streamer-DAC-amplifiers-toasters-car butt warmers, etc.
My advice would be to check the Audio Advisors site.  Products range from good midfi to lower level high end.  Their sales people are helpful as well.
I would join the chorus that recommends the Node2.  It sounds very good and does MQA, which is important for you, and comes in under budget.  The DAC is the Achilles Heel, and please don’t be offended, but in the system that you describe, the DAC in the Node2 will sound just fine.  In my experience it works better with ethernet, but you seem to have that covered.  If you add a DAC, I strongly suggest the Mytek Liberty, which will do MQA.
Square one. A streamer is a highly specialized computer whose only job is to deliver the digital signal to your system. Your system, however, requires an analog signal. That's where the Digtital to Analog Converter (DAC) is necessary. 
The Bluesound Node 2Ci contains both so something just under $600 is all you need to spend currently for hardware. You will feed your Node with an ethernet signal which you say you have at the ready. From the Node to your preamp you will need a pair of RCA cables and you are done. Just plug it into your preamp input labeled CD or Aux and sit back. 
As a further suggestion, you might consider upgrading your phone/controller/remote from iPhone 6 to something like an iPhone  Xr or an iPad Air. The larger screen might come in handy for viewing your options. As a last suggestion, I would recommend you try Qobuz. It seems more inclined toward grownups than Tidal and it does not require MQA which can limit your DAC options should you develop curiosity about how much better things can get at some point in the future. 
I bought from Crutchfield where they give you 60 days to decide about your level of satisfaction, and free shipping. The unit lists for $550 but there will be tax. That's why I posted "under $600" rather than a more precise figure. 
The BlueSound Node 2i is like a gateway drug.  It's a good way to get started, but may leave you wanting for more, especially if you really enjoy the sound of vinyl.  It has a great app and is easy to use, but you may eventually find it lacking sonically.  If you'd prefer to skip past all of that and have a $2K budget, start with something like the Lumin D2 or TEAC NT-505.  You'll probably get some other recommendations in that price range.

Adding a DAC to the Node 2i is a band-aid that will improve the sound quality, but not as much as just buying a better unit.  I added an Auralic Vega DAC ($3500 when new) to my Node 2 and while it improved the sound, that combination was easily bested by the all-in-one TEAC NT-505.  The app is not as good s the BlueSound app, but you can use the Lumin or Esoteric apps or BubbleupNp or Roon to name a few, all of which are better than the TEAC HR Streaming app.
So here’s what I am hearing. I should just start with the Node 2i. Maybe that’ll be good enough for my system/ears, maybe it won’t. If not, I’ll have a decision: which streaming service (MQA, no MQA) I can test that out a little with node as some tracks have both versions. This will drive decision re what kind of DAC, if that’s important. 
PS: it doesn’t hurt my feelings but it does amaze me that my system sits where it does in the universe of audio systems! I’m glad my itch is basically scratched (and don’t want it inflamed again but I have to admit it makes me curious). Ok question. Forget the table, phone pre. Just between the VTL integrated vs Electa Amator II speakers, where’s the weaker link in the chain?  (Do not tell my wife I asked this question!!!)