To horn or not to horn

I have never owned a horn speaker. I’m curious if there are any who are first time horn speaker owners after having owned other types of speakers for many years, and are you glad you switched?
needlebrush
I think that we need to distinguish the difference here between front loaded compression drivers and back loaded full range drivers as the two couldn't be more different.  
After years of never owning horns, I just bought a pair.

Like many have said here, I never ever thought I would like horns and never listened to many because of the feedback of others.

I bought a pair of Heresy II for $320 locally (yup, a steal) and have fallen in love!  Last pair of speakers I bought had a vifa ring tweeter and an electrostat 8" mid and now they sound dead and flat in comparison to the Heresy.

They are so airy and not overly bright as I had assumed.  Don't seem to be as temperamental to my room and setup either.  I am also wondering if with getting into my mid 40's that my hearing is the other issue, am I naturally rolling off the highs because I'm getting old?  ;) 
Go over here: www.whatsbestforum.com.  Should be re-named the
” horn lovers forum”.
But if you do, don’t make the mistake of saying that horns sound like a “cupped hands” effect...since none of the lovers over there can even hear this, lol.
since none of the lovers over there can even hear this, lol.

Nor should they be able to hear this. I have owned 4 pairs of horns and none have exhibited this trait.

Oz

I have Heresy's and Speakerlab 7's. The H's have metal EV mid and treble horns. The 7's have plastic mid and treble horns. The H's sound colored (overly bright) in the midrange and up. Some call this "detail" - not me! The 7's sound far more natural (and listenable) in the midrange and treble! Plus with their combination of a 12" and a 10" woofer per sealed cabinet they have the full authority in the lower bass that the H's lack. No contest - the Speakerlab 7's are clearly better sounding than the vaunted Heresy's! Not as good-looking though with their flat-black white-speckled finish!