Most recordings you own by a single artist, group, or composer

I went and purchased two more John Coltrane CD’s, "Blue Train" and "Traneing In", in spite of, relative to other artists, having way too many of his albums already. I do love his music and just now counted having forty-eight of his albums, not even including the ones he recorded with Miles Davis.

Is there anyone else out there at least equally nutty, or has more recordings by any single artist, band or composer? If so, who do you like, and how many of their albums have you collected and play? Miles Davis at thirty-three records and CD’s, comes in a not too distant second in my collection.

Hopefully this topic hasn’t been broached before here.

Mike
skyscraper
"...together they’ve played on approximately 200,000 tracks, and that doesn’t count remixes, versions, and dubs."
At 3 minutes a track, that is 416 days of uninterrupted playing. Not accounting for recording time which must be in multiples of it. Now, that is prolific.
"The question at hand is, does any one of you have more than 48 albums by any one artist, be it an individual, band or composer. "

A few artists. Most importantly, The [Mighty] Fall. The post-punk Manchester band fronted by the strange character Mark S. Smith. I add Sun Ra too the list - one can never have enough Ra.

Miles Davis and Bill Evans are close seconds. I am gaining ground with Art Pepper (after recently acquiring his incredible late-period Galaxy box set). His auto-biography (transcribed and co-written by his wife Laurie Pepper) "Straight Life" is fascinating - even for non jazz fans.

I started out collecting rock music focusing on Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, and other blues-based rock bands focusing on ROIO materials. I happened upon the Archive.Org Grateful Dead collection before Bobby and the lawyers took down all the fantastic soundboards. Burnt them all to CD and made custom covers.
Bob Dylan and JS Bach and in 3rd place probably Neil Young. The best of the best. 
Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin come to mind - limited by the number of albums they put out. I do have a 20 disc collection of Grateful Dead...