Bookshelf speaker for an apartment

I rented a 1BR apartment as a 2nd home and want to upgrade my speakers.  I currently am using Totem Mini's through a Denon AVR-X6200.  My speakers in my main system in my home are Sopra 2's.  Due to Covid I am unable to audition speakers but have read good things about the Focal Chora 806, Aria 906 ane the B&W 707.  I would like to keep the budget under $1000 for the pair but go a bit higher for the right speaker.  I welcome suggestions.  Thank you.
selectfpr
This thread went about as they usually do, many suggestions which all offer very different sounding results.  Which sound will the OP like?  Hard to say, but a few things should be kept in mind;

With a 1K budget, some really great sounding options are possible, but you'll be in a category of transparency where everything starts to matter to the end result sonics.  Speaker cable, interconnects and amp.  I've got a 5 yr old Denon flagship AVR, the 4520, and I hope that the Denon X6200 has better 2 channel performance than my 4520 with Totem Hawks.   AVR's are best for movies, not music.

Well I ended up pulling the trigger today.  I ordered Factory Refurbished Aria 906 in Black for $899 and full 5 year warranty.  I am hoping they are in the perfect condition that they claim.  I will keep you posted when I receive them and test them out.  
First of all  I have to say I am impressed with the service.   I ordered the Aria 906 yesterday and I received them today at 11:15 with free delivery.  I was pretty surprised.
I set them up immediately although I do not have stands yet so they are on my TV stand right next to my TV, and the easiest way to get started was to play some of my artists on Pandora. 

I listened to a couple of songs and it sounded good, but of course Pandora is not the best source.  I went into my office to reply to an email and all of a sudden I jumped from seat in a wow moment.  Dire Straits, Once Upon a Time in the West came on  the speakers really shined.  Great detail and clarity, but yet a comfortable warmth.  It was a moment of affirmation that I made the right move. 

I then played some other artists like Eva Cassidy, Delta Rae and Joe Bonamassa and the speakers sound great without the best conditions or equipment.  They are not my Sopra 2's, but hard to imagine a better pair of bookshelves for $899.  Needless to say I am pleased with the purchase and the vendor.

I am sure I will upgrade my Denon soon and probably get a sub, which they do need btw.  

The bass will be much better and tighter with a high current amp IME. May still want a sub.