Bookshelf speaker for an apartment

I rented a 1BR apartment as a 2nd home and want to upgrade my speakers.  I currently am using Totem Mini's through a Denon AVR-X6200.  My speakers in my main system in my home are Sopra 2's.  Due to Covid I am unable to audition speakers but have read good things about the Focal Chora 806, Aria 906 ane the B&W 707.  I would like to keep the budget under $1000 for the pair but go a bit higher for the right speaker.  I welcome suggestions.  Thank you.
selectfpr
I’ve got a pair of music culture rl-21. Maybe the only pair for sale in the us. They will be your endgame compact loudspeaker. They were designed by Wolfgang meletsky of mbl fame. Music culture is his company. They are stunning. I’d let them go with stands for 2k. Research them if you can stretch your budget. 
Has anyone had experience with Accessories For Less?  They have some Focal Factory Refurbs with full warranty.  
Meridian DSP3200 Digital Powered Bookshelf Speakers; Pair; SpeakerLink (21590)Listing ID: lis9ib05 Classified  Listed April 12, 2020 6:16pm · 126 Views
This thread went about as they usually do, many suggestions which all offer very different sounding results.  Which sound will the OP like?  Hard to say, but a few things should be kept in mind;

With a 1K budget, some really great sounding options are possible, but you'll be in a category of transparency where everything starts to matter to the end result sonics.  Speaker cable, interconnects and amp.  I've got a 5 yr old Denon flagship AVR, the 4520, and I hope that the Denon X6200 has better 2 channel performance than my 4520 with Totem Hawks.   AVR's are best for movies, not music.