Russco, QRK, Sparco, Garrard, Thoren, Fairchild, Roberts

Ok I have several of the old rim drive broadcast TT. Russcos, QRKs, Sparcos, and
a few more. Also different Transcriptions, Thoren TD 121, 124s, 224s, and Garrard 401s.
Had a Fairchild (stolen). What's your favorites, or ones not mentioned.

Plinths, what are you using, what have you made, what have you bought??

I'm into the actual repair and mods of the machine more than the use, I love um', but
they are used.

Have any tips, tricks, suggestions?

Regards
Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
There are many fans, of those older, Thorens and Garrard TTs.     Quite a market for 401s and their upgrades.                 You may find this interesting: https://www.theanalogdept.com/diy’ing_a_time_machine.htm
Olhvymec, I use a Garrard 401 in a plinth I built (after restoring the 'table), and mounted a Dynavector 501 arm on it. I'm really happy with this system, and don't worry about upgrades on my analog front end.
Yea I was 5 or 6 years old when my Dad instructed me how to drop the ol arm down without bouncing across the LP. It was a Garrard 301. He was so proud when he bought a fully automatic, Zero 100.

Funny how things change. 

My personal preference is Russco, and Thoren. 
Loved my 750 Fairchild. SME 3012R gold, too, killer TT.

That being said the best I ever heard (of the old guard) was a tricked out 401 with SME arms, a close second was a Russco then Thoren.

Regards