The "Broken Blue Point Special Club"

Geez am I a klutz! While installing a new BPS I hooked the stylus and bent it so badly that it makes a horrible humming noise. To make matters worse, I tried to "straighted it out" and sheared the stylus off completely. Can anyone confirm my fear that the next step in this process is to simply throw the thing away, or can it be repaired?
dickens
I had 3 BPS in a row installed by the dealer which failed for no reason. The dealer dropped the line because of it.
Friends! There is another opportunity to break a BPS if you buy the one listed for $150 today in the classifieds. I'm considering it, but the fear has come over me and my hands are already shaking.
Wow... old thread, but add me to the list... I was just rediscovering my 15 yr old BPS, and unknowingly snagged it with a cleaning rag today.  I have 2 more expensive carts, but they are lower output, and I was quite enjoying this totally hiss free Hi Output MC.  I'm beside myself on buying another similar Sumiko......   
Some topics are simply timeless.

Keep those dust rags, unbuttoned long sleeves and 2+ drink hands away from the table!

We still have plenty of time to go thru our collection. Dear leader and your local government may have different plans though?

I'm having a fabulous time revisiting everyone from Vivaldi to ZZ Top.